Benzyl alcohol CAS 100-51-6 exists in clear colorless liquid with a pleasant odor. Slightly denser than water. Flash point 194° F. Boiling point 401° F. Contact may irritate skin, eyes, and mucous membranes. May be slightly toxic by ingestion.
|Appearance||Colorless transparent liquid||Colorless transparent liquid|
|Fragrance||—||light scent of flower|
|Purit y(GC) (%)||≥99.95||≥99.98|
|Specific Gravity (20℃,kg/ m3)||1043-1048||1043-1048|
|Acidity (As Benzoic Acid)(%)||≤0.1||≤0.05|
|Clarity of Solution(1:30)||clear||clear|
|Refractive Index (ηD20)||1.538—1.541||1.538—1.541|
Benzyl alcohol is used as a general solvent for inks, paints, lacquers, and epoxy resin coatings. Thus it can be used in paint strippers especially when combined with compatible viscosity enhancers to encourage the mixture to cling to painted surfaces.It is also a precursor to a variety of esters, used in the soap, perfume, and flavor industries. It is also used as a photographic developer.
- The curing argent modifier and solvent for epoxy resin.
- Epoxy paint, epoxy floor, encapsulation, epoxy adhesive and epoxy ornaments.
- Medicine synthetic solvent, preservative for ointment or liquid medicine.
- Photographic developing agent, cleaning agent, synthetic glass solvent and lens colorant.
- Solvent for meat products,stamp-pad ink and ball-point pen oil.
- Perfume fixative, indispensable component for jasmine, tuberose or ylang, compound perfume of soap and daily cosmetics.
210kg/iron drum, 16.8 tons (80drums) /20’’FCL