Imidazole (CAS 288-32-4) is an organic compound with the formula (CH)2N(NH)CH. It is a whiteor colorless solid that is soluble in water, producing a mildly alkaline solution. In chemistry, it is an aromatic heterocycle, classified as a diazole, and having non-adjacent nitrogen atoms. It is white crystal,used as intermediate in medical industry to produce clotrimazole, miconazole, ketoconazole etc.
Specificaton of ImidazoleAppearance White crystals
Content assay % ≥ 99.0
Water content % ≤ 0.4
Melting point ℃ 87.0~91.0
Application of Imidazole
1. Mainly used as intermediate in medical industry to produce clotrimazole, miconazole, ketoconazole etc.
2. Imidazole has been used extensively as a corrosion inhibitor on certain transition metals, such as copper. Preventing copper corrosion is important, especially in aqueous systems, where the conductivity of the copper decreases due to corrosion.
3. Used as curing agent for epoxy resin.
4. Used as material for climbazole etc.
5. Imidazole derivatives are valuable in treatment of many systemic fungal infections. Imidazoles belong to the class of azole antifungals, which includes ketoconazole, miconazole, and clotrimazole.
Packing25kg /fiber drum
1*20’FCL load 9MT with pallets
1*40’FCL load 18MTwith pallets
StorageConditions for safe storage, including any incompatibilities
Store in cool place. Keep container tightly closed in a dry and well-ventilated place.