Furfurylamine CAS 617-89-0 is a kind of colorless to light yellow liquid, with melting point -70 °C(lit), boiling point 145-146 °C(lit.). 2-Furfurylamine is used in the synthesis of 2-Amino-N-(2-furylmethyl)propanamide, as a novel alanylglycine equivalent synthesized by bacilysin synthetase. it is synthesized from furfural.The pharmaceutical drug furtrethonium, a parasympathomimetic cholinergic, is a derivative of furfurylamine.
Specification of Furfurylamine
Appearance Colorless to light yellow liquid
Assay ≥ 99.5%
Melting point 144--148℃
specific gravity( d204) 1.0570
refractive index （N20D） 1.4905-1.4908
Application of Furfurylamine
1) pharmaceutical grade: Furfurylamine is a kind of important pharmaceutical intermediates, it is necessary drugs for the treatment of severe edema.
2) Industry grade: Furfurylamine can be used as a corrosion inhibitor and scaling powder
Plastic drum with net weight 200kg/drum
Storage & Handling
1) Use spark-proof tools and explosion proof equipment.2) Do not breathe dust, vapor, mist, or gas.
3) Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing. Empty containers retain product residue, (liquid and/or vapor), and can be dangerous.
4) Keep away from heat, sparks and flame. Do not ingest or inhale.Use only in a chemical fume hood.
Storage:1) Keep away from heat, sparks, and flame.
2) Keep away from sources of ignition. Store in a cool, dry place.
3) Store in a tightly closed container. Flammables-area. Corrosives area.