Furfural CAS 98-01-1 is colorless or reddish-brown mobile liquids with a penetrating odor. Flash points 140°F. Denser than water and soluble in water. Vapors heavier than air. May be toxic by ingestion, skin absorption or inhalation.Furfural reacts with sodium hydrogen carbonate. Furfural also can react with strong oxidizers. An exothermic resinification of almost explosive violence can occur upon contact with strong mineral acids or alkalis. Furfural forms condensation products with many types of compounds, including phenol, amines and urea.
Specification of Furfural
Refractive Index 20 DEG.C 1.524-1.527
Specific Gravity 20 DEG.C 1.159-1.161
Application of Furfural
1) Industrial grade: Furfural is an organic chemical raw material,mainly used in lubricating oil refine, production of
furfuryl alcohol,maleic anhydride,tetrahydrofuran etc.
2) Medicine grade: Furfural can also be used to produce medicine and veterinary medicine,furan resin, furfuryl alcohol resin,furfural acetone resin etc.
3) Other grade: Furfural can be used in food flavoring,dyes and other industries.
Plastis drum with net weight 250KG/Drum
1) Store in a segregated and approved area.
2) Keep container in a cool, well-ventilated area.
3) Keep container tightly closed and sealed until ready for use.
4) Avoid all possible sources of ignition (spark or flame).
5) Do not store below 8°C (46.4°F).