Dimethyl formamide CAS 68-12-2 is an organic compound with the formula (CH3)2NC(O)H. Commonly abbreviated as DMF, this colourless liquid is miscible with water, ether,ester,ketone,chlorinated hydrocarbon and benzene hydrocarbon,hygroscopic.etc and the majority of organic liquids. N,N-Dimethylformamide DMF is a common solvent for chemical reactions. Dimethylformamide is odorless whereas technical grade or the degraded often have a fishy smell due to impurity of dimethylamine. N,N-Dimethylformamide DMF is a polar (hydrophilic) aprotic solvent with a high boiling point.
Methanol mg/kg 50 max.
Chroma, (Pt-Co)# : 5 max.
Refractive index n25D 1.427-1.429
Moisture, % 0.05 max.
Formic acid mg/kg 30 max.
Dimethyl amine mg/kg 15 max.
PH (20% solution) 6.5-8.0
Fe mg/kg 0.05max.
The primary use of N,N-Dimethylformamide DMF is as a solvent with low evaporation rate. N,N-Dimethylformamide DMF is used in the production of acrylic fibers and plastics. It is also used as a solvent in peptide coupling for pharmaceuticals, in the development and production of pesticides, and in the manufacture of adhesives, synthetic leathers, fibers, films, and surface coatings.
1) In industrial usage, it is used as solvent for dye,man-made leather, plastics and chemical fiber etc.
2) In agriculture industry, it is used as material for synthesis of insecticide of high-effectiveness and low-toxicity,
3) In petrochemical industry it is as gas absorbent to separate and purify the gas
4) In Pharmaceutical industry, it is as material of sulfadiazine,cortisone and Vitamin B6 in pharmaceutical industry,
5) It is also used as fixing agent in vapor-phase analysis.
6) It is also a common catalyst used in the synthesis of acyl halides, in particular the synthesis of acyl chlorides from carboxylic acids using oxalyl or thionyl chloride.
190 kgs/drumx80 drums=15.2 tons/1x20' FCL
Placed in sealed container and kept in a cool and dry place.
Avoid strong vibration, insolation, high temperature, smoke and fire.