TNJ Chemical is professional supplier of high purity Formamide 99.99% from China. Our Formamide is very popular in Europe by high purity.
Formamide is a transparent liquid which can be soluble with water and has an ammonia-like odor. It can be used to produce sulfa drugs, other pharmaceuticals, herbicides, pesticides and the manufacture of hydrocyanic acid. It has been used as a softener for paper and fiber. It is a solvent for many ionic compounds. It has also been used as a solvent for resins and plasticizers.
Specification of Formamide
Assay, % min. 99.90Methanol, % max. 0.15
Chroma, (Pt-Co) max. 10
Moisture, % max. 0.050
Fe, ppm max. 0.20
Ammonia, % max. 0.010
Formic acid , % max. 0.010
Application of Formamide
Formamide is a chemical reactant or solvent in various chemical processes. It is mostly used as a reactant in the manufacture of agrochemicals (e.g. imidazoles), pharmaceuticals (e.g. allopurinol), and industrial chemicals (e.g. n-vinylformamide) and as a solvent in polymers and resins.
1) To synthesize pharmaceutical, spicery, dyestuffs;
2) As solvent in synthetic fiber spinning,plastic processing and lignin ink production etc,as paper treating agent,coagulation accelerator in oil well drilling and building industry,as carburant in casting industry,glue softener and as polar solvent in organic synthesis;
3) As RNA stabiliser in gel electrophoresis by deionizing RNA;
4) It can be added into sol-gel solutions in order to avoid cracking during sintering;
5) (in its pure state) used as an alternative solvent for the electrostatic self-assembly of polymer nanofilms;
6) Used to prepare primary amines directly from ketones via their N-formyl derivatives, using the Leuckart reaction;
7) A constituent of cryoprotectant vitrification mixtures used for cryopreservation of tissues and organs;
Plastic drums with net weight 220KG/Drum17.60mt=80 drums/20"FCL