Sebacic acid brief introduction
Sebacic acid is produced from castor oil by using sodium hydroxide, sulfuric acid with catalysts including zinc oxide and phenol. Sebacic acid is white powder crystal, slightly dissolves in water,completely dissolved in ethanol or ether,but not in benzene.The solubility in 95% ethanol(100ml) is 11.7g.
- Density 1.209 g/cm3
- Melting point 131 to 134.5 °C (267.8 to 274.1 °F; 404.1 to 407.6 K)
- Boiling point 294.4 °C (561.9 °F; 567.5 K) at 100 mmHg
- Solubility in water 0.25 g/L
Specification of Sebacic acid
Appearance White powder
Purity 99.5% min
Ash content 0.03% max
Moisture 0.3% max
Color (APHA) 15 max
Melting point 131.0-134.5ºC
Sebacic acid Application
1) Sebacic acid is widely used in producing engineering plastics,such as Nylon1010, Nylon 610, Nylon 810,Nylon9.
2) It is widely used in producing cold resistance plasticizer,solvent, softener and additives, such as dimet1 sebacate, dimethy1 sebacate, diocty1 sebacate,dibuty1 sebacate,diisoprory sebacate, polyesters and its derivatives.
3) It is also the raw material for producing heat resistance lubricant oil,epoxy solidified agent, sebacic anhy dride, synthetic lubricating grease, man made perfumery and pharmaceuticals..
25kg/bag, 880 bags/20 fcl (22mt)