Span 80 is light yellow viscose oily liquid. Span 80 is insoluble in water and soluble in organic solvents. It is water/oil type emulsifier, which can be mixed with emulsifier S60 and emulsifier T60. HLB: 4.3. Span 80 is used as emulsifier, solubilizer, stabilizer, softener, anti-static agent etc. suitable for medicine, cosmetics, textiles, paints etc.
Spec Appearance Hydroxyl value (mgKOH/g ) Saponification value(mgKOH/g ) Acid (mgKOH/g)S-20 amber viscous liquid 330~360 160 175 ≤8
S-40 small yellow wax solid 255~290 140~150 ≤8
S-60 small yellow wax solid 240~270 135~155 ≤8
S-80 amber viscous oil substance 190~220 140~160 ≤10
S-85 yellow oil liquid 60~80 165~185 ≤15
1. Dry yeast: Acts as the carrier of active yeast. Promotes dry yeast shape and maintains the bio-activity after hydration.
2. Margarine: Maintains fine and stable water-oil dispersion.Improves plasticity.Prevents splashing during frying.
3. Shortening: Adjusts oil crystal.Improves stability and whipping strength
4. Whipping cream: shortens whipping time.Improves foam volume and structure.Creates a nice and stiff foams.
5. Coffee-mate: Gives a more uniform fat globule size distribution resulting in improved whitening effect and dissloves in whater well.
6. Cake emulsifier: Enlarges cake volume.Improves cake texture and paste stability.Prolongs shelf life.
7. Cake: Enlarges cake volume.Improves cake texture.Prolongs shelf life.
8. Ice cream: Promotes emulsifying if dairy fat.Prevents thick ice crystal.Improves mouth feel and shape retention. Increases bulging rate
9. Confections and chocolate: Improves oils and fat dispersion.Decreases cyrup viscosity and adjusts crystallization of confections.
10. Span 20 40 60 80: Used as W/O emulsion explosive, preparation agent of textile, emulgator of artesian well weighted mud and producing of food and cosmetic, dispersant in beaded paint, stabilizer of itanium dioxide, insecticide, wetting agent and emulgator in pesticide, cosolvent of oil production, antirust of slushing oil, lubricant and softening agent of textile and leather.
200kg plastic or Iron drum; 16000kg per 20"FCL.