Guanidine Hydrochloride Description
Guanidine Hydrochloride is white crystalline powder or white or light yellow lump. Its solubility is 200g/100g water, 76g/100g methanol, 24g/100g ethanol. It is almost insoluble in acetone, benzene and ether.
Guanidine HCL is a powerful, chaotropic agent which is widely used for purification of proteins and nucleic acids. Guanidine Hydrochloride is useful for denaturation and refolding of proteins as well as in the recovery of periplasmic proteins and isolation of RNA. At higher concentrations, this strong denaturant has been reported to solubilize denatured insoluble proteins such as inclusion bodies.
Specification of Guanidine Hydrochloride
Item Medical grade Industrial grade
Appearance White crystal powder White crystal
Content» 99.5% 99%
NH 4 CL« 0.3% 0.5%
Water-insoluble Matter« 0.1% 0.1%
Water Content« 0.3% 0.3%
Ash« 0.05% 0.05%
m. p° C 184-188 182-188
A(260NM) « 0.04 -
A(280NM) « 0.02 -
PH(4% In water) 6.4± 0.2 6.4± 0.2
Guanidine Hydrochloride Application
- Used as the intermediate of medicine, pesticide, dye and other organic compounds.
- Important raw material to produce folic acid and sulfa drugs, also used as the anti-static agent of synthetic fiber.
- Important raw material to produce sulfadiazine, sulfamerazine, sulfonamides II methylpyrimidine and folic acid.
- Tech grade : 25kg plastic woven bag lined with PE bag
- Medical grade : 25kg per cardboard drum