Glycerol CAS 56-81-5 (also called glycerine or glycerin) is a simple polyol
compound. It is a colorless, odorless, viscous liquid that is sweet-tasting and non-toxic. It is widely used in the food industry as a sweetener and humectant and in pharmaceutical formulations. Glycerol has three hydroxyl groups that are responsible for its solubility in water and its hygroscopic nature.
Enterprise StandardIndex name Grade A Grade B Grade C
Content,% ≥99.5 ≥98.0 ≥95.0
Color,hazen ≤20 ≤30 ≤70
Saponification equivalent ≤1.0 ≤1.0 ≤1.0
Acidity, mmol/100g ≤0.1 ≤0.1 ≤0.1
USP 38 StandardAssay 99.0~101.0%
Water Content ≤5.0%
Residue on Ignition ≤0.01%
Heavy Metals (as Pb) ≤5ppm
Limit of Chlorinated Compounds ≤30ppm
Color (APHA) ≤10
1) It is used for manufacturing nitroglycerin, alkyd resin and epoxy resin.2) In medicine, it is used for the preparation of various formulations, solvents, hygroscopic agent, antifreeze and sweeteners, formulations of topical ointment or suppository.
3) In the coatings industry for making all kinds of alkyd resin and polyester resin, epoxy resin and glycidyl ether.
4) In textile and printing and dyeing industry for making lubricant, hygroscopic agent, fabric anti-creasing treatment agent, dispersant and penetrating agent.
5) In the food industry, used as sweetener, tobacco agent of hygroscopic agent and solvent.
6) It is used as automobile and aircraft fuel and oil field of antifreeze.
7) Used as a plasticizer in new type of ceramic industry.
8) Used for textile and printing and dyeing industry.
9) In papermaking, cosmetic, leather, photography, printing, metal processing, electrical material, and rubber industries also have a wide range of uses.
250kg per plastic drum;Total 20MT per 20ft container with pallets (without pallets)
Store in a cool, well-ventilated area. Keep container tightly closed. Hygroscopic.