Cyanoacetic acid CAS 372-09-8 is an organic compound. It is a white, hygroscopic solid. The compound contains two functional groups, a nitrile and a carboxylic acid. It is a precursor to cyanoacrylates, components of adhesives.
- White crystals (or 70% solution)- Melting point of 65 C.
- The boiling point of 108 C0.15 mm Hg (lit.)
- Flash point to 226 f.
- Storage conditions Store at 0-5 C
- Water solubility of 1000 g/L (20 DHS C)
Item 70% solution SolidAppearance light yellow liquid white crystal
Assay % 70Min 95%Min
Moisture % 2-31Max 0.5Max
CL % 5Max 2Max
- As an organic synthesis intermediates, mainly used in synthetic cyanoacetic acid esters, and is also used in the production of alpha cyano methacrylate butyl ester (medical adhesive), vitamin B6, caffeine and barbital, etc.- In pharmaceutical industry for producing vitamin B6, making coffee, medical adhesives and so on, also used for pesticide cream urea synthesis of cyanide
White solid: 25kg/bag or drumSolution: 200kg/drum
Placed in sealed container and kept in a cool and dry place.
Avoid strong vibration, insolation, high temperature, smoke and fire.