CAS No.: 331-39-5
M.W. : 180.16
Appearance: yellow crystal powderMelting point: 211-213 °C (dec.)(lit.)
SpecificationAppearance Light Yellow Powder
Particle Size NLT 100% Through 80 mesh
Loss on Drying <2.0%
Total Heavy Metals ≤10ppm
Total Plate Count ≤1000cfu/g
Total Yeast & Mold ≤100cfu/g
1) Caffeic acid has been shown to inhibit carcinogenesis, although other experiments show possible carcinogenic effects. It is also known as an antioxidant in vitro and also in vivo.2) Caffeic acid also shows immunomodulatory and antiinflammtory activity.
3) Caffeic acid outperformed the other antioxidants, reducing aflatoxin production by more than 95 percent.
4) The studies are the first to show that oxidative stress that would otherwise trigger or enhance Aspergillus flavus aflatoxin production can be stymied by caffeic acid.This opens the door to using natural anti- fungicide methods by supplementing trees with antioxidants.
5) Another study also showed that CAPE suppresses acute immune and inflammatory responses and holds promise for therapeutic uses to reduce inflammation.
6) Caffeic acid also is cosmetic whitening raw materials .