What is Diethylenetriaminepentaacetic acid DTPA ?
Diethylenetriaminepentaacetic acid DTPA exists in white crystalline powder, and can be dissolved in hot water and lye, slightly soluble in water (solubility in water (20℃) 5 g / l), and insoluble in organic solvents such as alcohols and ethers.
- Appearence White crystalline powder
- Melting point 219-220℃
- Flash point 200℃
- Density@25 °C 1.56 g/mL
Specification of Diethylenetriaminepentaacetic acid DTPA
Appearance White crystal powderAssay ≥99.00%
Chelate valuemgcaco3/g ≥252(PH=11)
Heavy Metal (Pb) ≤0.001%
Loss on drying ≤0.20%
PH(1% water solution 25℃) 2.10 ~ 2.50
Where to use Diethylenetriaminepentaacetic acid DTPA
1) DTPA is mainly used for sequestering metal ions that otherwise decompose hydrogen peroxide, which is used to bleach pulp in paper making.2) DTPA is used for the chelating titrant.
3) DTPA is used for aldehyde, ketone, chloride of reductant plastic foaming agent, etc.
4) DTPA is used as the complexing agent, treatment for radioactive isotopes and heavy metal poisoning.
5) DTPA is also used for color processing kit chemicals, acrylonitrile concentrate decoloring agent, etc
25kg per kraft paper bag or as per customer’s requirements.