Buy DL-Malic acid CAS 617-48-1 from TNJ Chemical, China leading DL-Malic acid CAS 617-48-1 suppliers, factory & manufacturers. If you want to buy DL-Malic acid CAS 617-48-1 from China, please mail to [email protected]
Malic acid is white crystal or crystalline powder with high water absorbability. Soluble in water (363 g/l at 20° C), ethanol (86.60 g/100g at 20° C), methanol (197.22 g/100g at 20° C), acetone (60.66 g/100g at 20° C), and ether (2.70 g/100g at 20° C). Compared with citric acid, malic acid has higher acidity (20 percent higher), lower quantity of heat, softer taste, higher buffering factor and more lasting time; however, it is not so corrosive as citric acid that leads to series enamel wear, and it is harmless to mouth cavity and teeth. As a new generation of food acidity regulator, malic acid is known as best food acidity regulator in biological and nutritional fields. It is widely used in foods such as wines, beverages, fruit juices and chewing gums. It is not only the third food acidity regulator coming after citric acid and lactic acid, but also one of the biggest and most promising organic acids in food industry across the current world.
- Compared with citric acid, malic acid has higher acidity (20 percent higher)
- Lower quantity of heat, softer taste, higher buffering factor and more lasting time
- Malic acid contains natural skin moisturizing elements
Fumaric Acid ≤1.00%
Maleic Acid ≤0.05%
Heavy Metal (as Pb) ≤10ppm
Arsenic (As) ≤2ppm
Ignition Residue ≤0.10%
Water Insoluble Matters ≤0.10%
Specific Rotation [α]20 -0.10-+0.10°
Melting Range 127-132 degree
(1) In food industry: it can be used in the processing and concoction of beverage, liqueur, fruit juice and the manufacture of candy and jam etc. It also has effects of bacteria inhibition and antisepsis and can remove tartrate during wine brewing.
(2) In tobacco industry: malic acid derivative (such as esters) can improve the aroma of tobacco.
(3) In pharma industry: the troches and syrup compounded with malic acid have fruit taste and can facilitate absorption and diffusion in the body.
(4) Daily chemical industry: as a good complexing agent, it can be used for toothpaste formula, spice synthesis formulas and so on.It also can be used as a deodorant and detergent ingredients.
25kg bag,1FCL 18MT with pallet.
Storage & Transport
Stored in cool and airy place; away from fire and heat; handle with care; no breakage, avoid leakageThis is classified as Common chemicals for transport.