Lactose exists in white or almost while crystalline powder. It is milk sugar. It is a disaccharide composed of one galactose and one glucose molecule. In the pharmaceutical industry, lactose is used to help form tablets because it has excellent compressibility properties. It is also used to form a diluent powder for dry-powder inhalations. Lactose may be listed as lactose hydrous, lactose anhydrous, lactose monohydrate, or lactose spray-dried.freely but slowly soluble in water,practically insoluble in ethanol (96 percent).
Type Lactose monohydrate Lactose anhydrous Spray dried lactose
CAS 10039-26-6 63-42-3 10039-26-6
M.F. C12H24O12 C12H22O11 C12H24O12
Grade Food & Pharma grade
Mesh 40mesh, 60mesh, 80mesh, 100mesh, 120mesh, 200mesh, 300mesh
Lactose is mainly used in food and pharmaceutical industry
1) The product can be used as tablets and capsules of the filler or diluent
2) It also used for freeze-dried products and baby food formulations.
3) Lactose is also used in powder inhalation of diluent.
4) Used as pharmaceutical excipient.
5) Used for the determination of gold reagent
6) Used for the preparation of biological medium
7) A kind of chromatographic adsorption
25kg/bag, 25kg/drum, or as your requirement.