Magnesium Hypophosphite Hexahydrate CAS 10377-57-8, white crystal, there are fluorescent.Show neutral or weak acid soluble in water, its aqueous solution, insoluble in ethanol and aether.Relative density 1.59 (12.5/4 ℃).Easy weathering in dry air, and 100 ℃ when lose 5 molecular crystal water.At 180 ℃anhydride, continue to heat, the decomposition released flammable and poisonous phosphine gas. It can be used in medicine, also can be used as analytical reagent.
Appearance White crystal
Arsen 4 ppm Max
Lead 1 ppm Max
1) In pharmaceutical grade: Magnesium Hypophosphite Hexahydrate can be used for manufacturing drugs for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis
2) In industry grade: Magnesium Hypophosphite Hexahydrate is used for plastic stabilizer
3) In agricultural grade: It can be used as a fertilizer additive and alkaline soil conditioner.
Storage & Handling
1) Precautions:Wear appropriate protective clothing and compatible chemical–resistant gloves.
Avoid contact with eyes, skin. Avoid inhalation.
Keep away from ignition source, heat and flame. Incompatibilities: strong oxidizing agents and foods. No smoking at working site.
2) Storage:Store in a cool, dry, ventilated area.
Keep away from ignition source, heat and flame.
Store in a tightly closed container, protective from moisture. Incompatibilities: strong oxidizing agents and foods.